Friday, April 18, 2008

"It's so weird when you see someone you just dreamed about. Like it's gonna show."

I think any thing i am, every thought i have had, and words i have said.....could be or have been said better by angela chase. i mean really, my so called life is still the only accurate example of what is was to be a teenager. even now that we have 'reality' shows about teenagers. i mean, seriously. no one has done it better than angela. she was emo before we had a word for emo. she was sad and conflicted and insecure...and i love love love how she would stare off and have these long internal monologues...because....because that is exactly what i was doing.


the scariest thing is i can still relate to some of the show when i watch it. not as much as i did when i was in high school...but enough to make me wonder if i have matured at all.


if you don't know what i am talking about...rent my so called life. or....please enjoy a taste:


"The thought that I might be seeing Jordan Catalano in a few hours was, like, impossible to comprehend. Like when they first tell you about infinity."

"There's something about Sunday night that really makes you wanna kill yourself. Especially if you've just been totally made a fool of by the only person you'll ever love and you have a Geometry midterm on Monday, which you still haven't studied for because you can't because Brian Krakow has your textbook and you're too embarrassed to even deal with it. And your little sister's completely finished with her homework, which is just, like, so simple and mindless a child could do it. And that creepy 60 Minutes watch that sounds like your whole life ticking away."

"Sometimes I think if my mother wasn't so good at pretending to be happy, she'd be better at actually being happy."


"People always say how you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing. Like a toaster, or something. Like you can know what it is, even. But every so often, I'll have, like, a moment, when just being myself in my life, right where I am, is, like, enough."


"It had become the focus of everything. It was all I could feel, all I could think about. It blotted out the rest of my face. The rest of my life. Like the zit had become the truth about me."


"You know how sometimes the last sentence you said, like, echoes in your brain and it just keeps sounding stupider? And you have to say something else just to make it stop?"


"Because it is a big deal. I mean, sex made your whole life start and if you think about life as, like, a circle or something, then sex and death are the same...Look, I'm not saying they're the same. I mean, I've thought about having sex with you, and, god, I've never seriously thought about killing you."


"Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison. And the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while. And admit the truth: that when you really look closely? People are so strange and so complicated that they're actually... beautiful. Possibly even me."

No comments: