Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"oh what a day to be dainty"

that is what a homeless man yelled at me while i was in my car, stopped at a red light, nibbling on a cupcake.

i have a cupcake eating routine. i start by dipping my finger in the frosting and licking it. i do this a couple times. then i pick up the cupcake. i leave the paper on, and slowly nibble around the perimeter. once i make it all the way around, i peel away half of the paper. i then pull off chunks of the cake (from the lower half without frosting) and dip in in the frosting. i try to include both cake and frosting in each bite...so i ration out the frosting accordingly.

so yes, daintily. i suppose. and yes, it was quite the day to be dainty.



ps i was so excited to get a trophy cupcake that i actually parked the car, rolled up the windows, took off my seatbelt and jumped out of the car.....and realized the car was still on and my keys were in the ignition. luckily, the doors were unlocked. but it was like my brain was just thinking "cupcake, cupcake, cupcake, cupcake, cupcake".
i know....scary. very scary.

No comments: